Sunday, December 20, 2015

Today

Pieces of me lay scattered around,
butchered and minced by a day just gone.
A day that swept into a demonic night
One I clung to for dear life;
It just died a pitiful death,
leaving me aghast, agonizingly alive
Before I knew it, there's another,
a new and glorious day in its place,
born stealthily as every other day,
only this is so beautiful,
one that's come to devour me whole.
The sun's benign, trees make love,
a breeze wafts through,
so cool and blue;
A lonely crow sits and chirps
atop the tree that it calls its own;
This is the day I want to leave,
And leave soon, before it does.

No comments:

Time for tea? Time for two!

Lone lunches have never been uncommon or unpleasant. Even when work has kept your nose to the grindstone all through the morn, if you just...